- 2013-05-09 Jon Eric Thomason has applied for a Variance on property located at 199 Greathouse Road.
- 2013-05-09 Charles Hamptonís A-1 Signs, Inc., and Noor, LLC., have applied for a Variance on property located at 518 Corvette Drive
- 2013-04-11 WAKY Signs and Independence Bank have applied for a Variance on property located at 877 Fairview Avenue.
- 2013-04-11 Peggy Abney, Nicolas Hudson and House of Change, LLC., along with Jennifer Payne, have filed an application for a Conditional Use Permit at 808 East 11th Avenue.
- 2013-04-11 David and Sally Tooley have applied for a Variance on property located at 1333 Bybee Avenue.
- 2013-04-11 Auburndale Nashville Highway Co., LLC., and Puerto Vallarta Restaurant have applied for a Variance on property located at 741 Campbell Lane.
- 2013-04-11 A. Blake Richey and LLR Investments, LLC., have applied for two (2) Variances on properties located at 1525, 1523, 1521 and 1519 Kenton Street.
- 2013-03-14 Steve and Deborah Lyons have applied for a Variance on the property located at 165 Hines Street
- 2013-02-14 Robert H. Turner, III, has applied for two (2) Variances on the property located at 290 Old Porter Pike
- 2013-02-14 Maja Sahanic and Lana Sahanic have filed an application for a Conditional Use Permit in order to operate a child care facility (Home Occupation) on the property located at 827 Lynnwood Way, Apartment B.
- 2013-02-14 Curtis and Alicia Butler have applied for a Variance on the property located at 1109 Plum Spring Road
The City-County Board of Adjustments is a Joint City-County Board serving all of Warren County. Its main purpose is to add equity and balance to the Zoning Ordinance by addressing special and unique situations. The Board's powers and duties are mandated and set forth in KRS Chapter 100.217 and the 2001 Zoning Ordinance.
The City-County Board of Adjustments holds it regular meetings on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 5:00 p.m. Hearings and meetings of the Board of Adjustments are subject to the open meetings laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
The City-County Board of Adjustments includes seven citizen members for four year staggered terms. The Mayor of Bowling Green appoints four members, and the Warren County Judge-Executive appoints three members. The current membership includes:
Mike Davenport (Chairman)
| Dr. John Fitts (Vice Chairman)
|Hoy Hodges, Attorney
The duties of the City-County Board of Adjustments are threefold:
1) Hear and decide variances to the dimensional requirements set forth in the Zoning Ordinance.
Step-By-Step Procedures for Variance Requests.
The owner wants to construct a carport seven (7) feet from the side property line in a residential district, but the side setback line requirement is ten (10) feet. The owner may apply for a variance of three (3) feet.
2) Hear and decide conditional use applications for certain uses within zoning districts.
Step-By-Step Procedures for Conditional Use Permits
3) Hear and decide appeals from any order, requirement, decision, or action of any zoning enforcement officer with respect to the enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance.
Example: If the Building Inspector denies an occupancy permit, an owner may appeal the decision within thirty (30) days of such action.
The Staff of the City-County Planning Commission provides support to the City-County Board of Adjustments. The Staff of the City-County Planning Commission is available to answer questions and assist persons interested in preparing and filing applications, 270-842-1953.
Applications must be submitted twenty-one (21) days before the specified meeting date. The Planning Commission staff will assist in the completion of the application, but the completeness and accuracy of the application are the responsibilities of the applicant. All applications and other documentation are subject to the open record laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
A list of the specific requirements for filing applications and a schedule of filing deadlines and hearing dates are available at the Planning Commission office.